Udhagamandalam named in brief as Ooty is the headquarters of the district of Nilgiri and is popularly known as the queen of hill stations in the south in the tourist circuits. Located about 105 Kilometers from Coimbatore, it is located at a height of 2290 meters from sea level.
Book Now Ooty Tour Packages
Tea and Tourism
Ooty is also famous for its numerous tea gardens spread out for miles together. Annual Tea and Tourism festival attracts thousands of tourists from different parts of the country and overseas.
Some of the prime attractions of Ooty and a must in any of the Ooty Tour Packages are as follows –
• Botanical garden at Ooty spread over 50 acres of area.
• Government museum in Ooty.
• One of the most popular Hill Stations in India, Ooty has a number of hills and viewpoints.
• Kalhatty falls about 13 Kilometers from Ooty is an excellent locations for picnic and tourism.
• Kandal Cross Shrine that is considered to be the Calvary of Tamil Nadu by Nilgiri Catholics
• Rose garden and Mini Rose garden attract thousands of tourists every year.
• Mudumalai Wildlife sanctuary.
• Ooty Lake.
Matching the Best
While hills stations in North India and tour packages like the Kullu Manali Tour Packages and Nainital tour packages offer excellent stuff for the viewers, the packages for Ooty tour are no less exotic in comparison. Beautiful Ooty Lake for example is one of the favorite haunt of the tourists across the globe. Constructed way back in 1825, it was initially an irrigation project but later developed into a leading tourists spot. Summer festival in Ooty is equally exotic for the visitors to experience.
It is for the traveler to decide what would be their next choice; traditional Shimla tour packages or hill station with a difference choosing Ooty for a change.